Do you have flood damage in your home or basement from a storm or broken pipe? If so, water removal is very important because you want to protect your home from secondary damage such as water saturating your flooring and causing buckling floors as a result.
24/7 Emergency Flood Water Damage Response 919-467-1991
Limit Contact with Flood Water
Flood water may have high levels of raw sewage or other hazardous substances. Early symptoms from exposure to contaminated flood water may include upset stomach, intestinal problems, headache and other flu-like discomfort. Anyone experiencing these and any other problems should immediately seek medical attention.
EPA and the Department of Health and Human Services urge everyone in contact with flood waters to follow these guidelines:
- Avoid or limit direct contact with contaminated flood water.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap, especially before drinking and eating.
- Do not allow children to play in flood water, or play with toys contaminated with flood water.
- Report cuts or open wounds, and report all symptoms of illness. Keep vaccinations current.
- More about health risk from flood waters.