Water Damage From Plumbing Leaks in Cary NC
If you are in Cary or a neighboring city such as Apex, Raleigh, or Durham and you have water damage from a plumbing leak please free to give us a call at our 24-hour emergency hotline. We are locally owned and operated and we’re the flood damage experts. To see why else we’re the best choice, feel free to visit our detailed water damage and restoration page.
Many things can cause leaks in your plumbing, which can increase your water bill or do property damage, but there are some particular culprits to look at first.
- Water Heaters. Unfortunately, they get old and wear out like anything else. Water heaters are susceptible to rust, sediment and mineral buildup, among other things. It can either clog your valves or ultimately rupture your tank.
- Drainage Pans. You have drainage pans, even if you don’t think about it, in your heating, ventilation and air conditioning, and some have to be drained manually. You should check them on a regular basis.
- Clogs in Toilets and Drains. Everyone has experienced this from time to time. Things fall down your drains, whether hair, food or simply toothpaste. Over time it adds up. Eventually, they can back up and even overflow.
- Shifting or Deteriorating Pipes. No matter what type of pipes you put in, over time they wear out. And that’s true for your house as well. Over time it shifts, moves and settles, and this affects your pipes.
These can be very small leaks or large ones, but over time, water can break things down. Just look at the Grand Canyon.
Your time frame is shorter, but your material isn’t as hard, either. Sheetrock, wood and cinder block can all break down if it gets and stays wet.
What Do I Do After A Plumbing Leak Damages My Home?
Getting your house back may involve several things, including but not necessarily limited to:
- Working with your insurance company.
- Removing your damaged possessions
- Water extraction
- Dehumidifying and drying
- Odor removal
- Repair and restoration
If you live in Cary or Durham, North Carolina, or the surrounding area, we can help! We can get a crew to you quickly. We can help you with the insurance company. Aside from removing the water, we can assess any further structural damage and repair it quickly.